About Denver Senior Coalitions
The Chapters are - East, Northwest, South & Southwest
More about the Denver Senior Coalition Chapters
The four Denver Senior Coalition Chapters are networking organizations with members ranging from senior housing, home health industry, health and medical services, referral agencies, professional services such as legal and financial and other community based service organizations. Members include both individuals and companies and for-profit, non-profit and government agencies.
The four chapters of the Denver Senior Coalitions are:
- East Coalition for Senior Services – Click Here
- Northwest Denver Council for Seniors – Click Here
- Southwest Coalition on Aging – Click Here
- South Chapter – Click Here
Each Coalition holds separate monthly meetings except the last month of every quarter is a Joint Meeting where all coalitions come together.
Our membership dues are based on a calendar year and run from January through December. Dues start at $75 for a “One Person Membership, One Company, ONE Coalition for a year.” We also have multi-member and multi-coalition memberships. The majority of the funds we raise through membership go to our Joint Coalition Assistance Fund.
Dues for 2017 are the same as they were for 2016 and they are:
$75 One Person Membership, One Company, ONE Coalition
$100 Two Person Membership, One Company, ONE Coalition
$125 Three Person Membership, One Company, ONE Coalition
$225 One Person Membership, One Company, ALL THREE Coalitions
$300 Two Person Membership, One Company, ALL THREE Coalitions
$375 Three Person Membership, One Company, ALL THREE Coalitions
Note that for 2017, if you join 3 coalitions then you are automatically a member of the fourth coalition.
Join or Renew Now – Click Here
Meeting Dates & Time:
Regular Coalition meetings for Northwest, East, Southwest and South Chapters are held from 9:30AM to 11:30AM* in Jan, Feb, April, May, July, August, Oct and Nov. Occasionally a location host may request an earlier start or end time for a meeting.
- East Chapter meets – 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Northwest Chapter meets – 2nd Wednesday of the month
- Southwest Chapter meets – 4th Tuesday of the month
- South Chapter meets – 2nd Thursday of the month
- Note that March, June, September and December are joint coalition meetings. The day of the month for the joint meetings can vary.
*For 2017 the South Chapter’s meeting hours are 9:30AM to 11:00AM
Locations of Meetings
Our meetings are held all over the great Denver metro area, however we have divided the city into East, Northwest, South and Southwest Regions that match the four chapters: East, Northwest, South and Southwest. When you join – you can join 1, 2 or 3 coalitions and membership in the 4th Chapter is free. You can choose to join the chapter or chapters that match the geographic region that you market to.
The general description of the boundaries of the Chapters:
- East Chapter – Meetings are in locations east of I-25 and south of I-70 and north of Douglas County. East can hold meetings in downtown Denver.
- Northwest Chapter – Meetings are in locations south of E-470 and the Northwest Parkway and north of W Colfax Ave. in Jefferson County and North of I-70 in the northeast quadrant. Meetings may occasionally go as far north as Brighton, Louisville, and Lafayette but this is the exception as the meetings should usually be south of E-470 and the Northwest Parkway.
- South Chapter – Meetings are south of C-470 including Highlands Ranch, Parker, and Castle Rock. Meetings are in Douglas County including cities of Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and Parker.
- Southwest Chapter – Meetings are in locations west of I-25, north of Douglas County and south of W Colfax Ave.
View map that shows approximate boundaries of the East, Northwest, South and Southwest Chapters
– CLICK HERE
Joint Coalition Meetings
Joint Coalition Meetings are held three times a year in March, June and September from 9:30am to 11:30am. The meeting day of the month can vary for joint meetings.
- Northwest Chapter organizes March
- East Chapter organizes June
- South Chapter organizes September
- And the December Holiday Gathering will be organized by the Southwest Chapter for 2017
The 2017 Holiday party will be different this year. It will be held on Colorado Gives Day which is usually the first Tuesday of December. The party will be at our regular meeting time of 9:30 to 11:30 at a location to be determined. There will not be a speaker. The meeting will focus on how the Denver Senior Coalitions is using the Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) to benefit non-profits that serve seniors. More details will be posted in late spring about the party and JCAF.
The December Holiday Gathering
The December meeting is typically a holiday gathering held in early December at a large retirement community, hospital or other large organization. The coalitions usually organizes some type of drive for gifts or donations for low income seniors. One year it was a drive to collect wrapping paper and bows, while another year it was for $15 to $25 value gift cards from grocery stores or Walmart. These items are then given to non-profits that serve low income seniors. Often the non-profit recipients are coalition members. The decision on the recipients is made by the Presidents of the three coalitions.
Speakers & Presentations at Meetings
Senior service organizations, senior support companies, business professionals and other related groups are welcome to contact the Presentation Directors of each coalition and request to be a speaker. Note that panel discussions and other types of presentations are considered for the meetings.
Learn More – Click Here
Host a Meeting
Senior Housing locations and other businesses with meeting rooms are welcome to contact the Location Directors of each coalition and offer to host a meeting. Typically the location host provides refreshments. Note that a group of professionals are welcome to apply to host a meeting at a location of their choice and provide the breakfast.
Learn More – Click Here
The Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF)
The Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) receives monies that have been paid as dues to the four Denver Senior Coalitions Chapters. Each of the 4 coalitions has an elected Officer called a “Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) Committee Rep” – LEARN MORE
Access to the Membership List
As a member you are given a user name and password which gives you access to the membership list of the coalition you joined. If you joined all three coalitions then you have access to all three membership lists. Each membership list has a unique user name and password. Names are not to be added to ongoing email blast lists. The list can be used for one time invitations to senior professional events.
Denver Senior Coalition Executive Board
The Denver Senior Coalitions has an Executive Board that is made up of the Presidents and Vice Presidents of the individual chapters along with any coalition members who wishes to volunteer their time and attend the executive board meetings.
Denver Senior Coalition 2016 Executive Board as of January 2017
Coalition Presidents that are Members of the Executive Board
- President Southwest Chapter & Executive Board President
Bill Hohs – 303-747-6295
Carespire, LLC – Veteran Aid & Attendance Consultant
- President East Chapter
Stuart Shwartz – 303-888-4575
Next Step for Seniors
- President Northwest Chapter
Kevin Biln – 720-789-7350
Talem Home Care & Placement Services
- President South Chapter
Greg Rodolph – 303-953-9924
Synergy Home Care of Colorado
Coalition Vice Presidents that are Members of the Executive Board
- Southwest Chapter Vice President & VP of Membership
Patty McIlvaine – 720-383-8083
Aspen Hills Assisted Living and Memory Care
- East Chapter Vice President & VP of Speakers
Judy Rough – 303-951-6571
Society of Certified Senior Advisors
- Northwest Chapter Vice President & VP of Locations
- South Chapter Vice President & VP of JCAF
Rick Cseak – 720-854-5876
Home Helpers Senior Care at Home
Coalition Members that are Executive Board Members at Large
- Joe Hartwig – 303-570-0637
Joe Hartwig Law, LLC
Submit your Events
Posting of events and other updates occur during the month. Karin Hall of Seniors Resource Guide sends eNewsletters and reminders about events for the three Denver Senior Coalitions. This email comes from Constant Contact and Karin@SeniorsResourceGuide.com. Add her email to our address book so your email goes through. Have questions? Call Karin Hall at 303-794-0799.
Submit your Event through SeniorsResourceGuide.com – CLICK HERE
Contact Karin Hall – via email