Host a Meeting
Contact a Location Director if you would like to host a meeting
Consider Hosting a Meeting
The information below provides some general details about hosting a meeting. Although most of our host locations are retirement communities we have also had meetings hosted at retail locations, seniors centers, health and recreation clubs, hospitals and hotels. Find details below.
Meetings Dates & Times for the East, Northwest, South and Southwest Chapters:
Regular Coalition meetings for East, Northwest, South and Southwest Chapters are held from 9:30AM to 11:30AM* in Jan, Feb, April, May, July, August, Oct and Nov. Occasionally a location host may request an earlier start or end time for a meeting.
*The South Chapter meetings are generally 9:30AM – 11:00AM
- East Chapter – 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Northwest Chapter – 2nd Wednesday of the month
- South Chapter – 2nd Thursday of the month
- Southwest Chapter – 4th Tuesday of the month
- Note that March, June, September and December are joint coalition meetings. The day of the month for the joint meetings can vary.
- December is always a holiday gathering for members.
At a Meeting we need from the Host:
- Refreshments for the members and this can be a full breakfast, however we are just as pleased with a simple continental breakfast.
- A meeting room to hold members with sufficient seating – Seating can be at tables or rows of chairs.
- A check-in table for members and guests to sign in. 2 of our Directors will be at the check-in table.
- 2 large tables for members to place their literature.
- A presentation area for the Speaker/Presenter
- A sound system is preferred
- In general if a speaker is doing an audio-visual presentation, they will bring their own projector equipment but would need some type of flat screen TV or flat surface to project to. The Speaker and Location Coordinator will work with you to coordinate what is needed.
- Expected Attendance can range from:
– Meetings early in the year (Jan & Feb) and in the fall (Oct & Nov) run 65 to 100
– Meetings in late spring and early summer run 40 to 60
– Meetings in mid-summer (July & August) run 35 to 50
– Joint Meetings run 75 to 100
– Bad weather can impact attendance
Joint Coalition Meetings
Joint Coalition Meetings are held three times a year in March, June and September from 9:30am to 11:30am. The meeting day of the month can vary for joint meetings.
- Northwest Chapter organizes March
- East Chapter organizes June
- Southwest Chapter organizes September
- And the December Holiday Gathering rotates between the 3 Chapters
– Southwest organized the December 2014 event
– Northwest organized the December 2015 event
– East organized the December 2016 event
– Southwest will organize the December 2017 event
- With the addition of the new South Chapter, the Presidents will determine who will organize the December 2018 holiday gathering
The December Holiday Gathering
The December meeting is typically a holiday gathering held in early December at a large retirement community, hospital or other large organization. The coalitions usually organizes some type of drive for gifts or donations for low income seniors. One year it was a drive to collect wrapping paper and bows, while another year it was for $15 to $25 value gift cards from grocery stores or Walmart. These items are then given to non-profits that serve low income seniors. Often the non-profit recipients are coalition members. The decision on the recipients is made by the Presidents of the three coalitions.