Host a MeetingContact a Location Director if you would like to host a meeting
Consider Hosting a Meeting
The information below provides some general details about hosting a meeting. Although most of our host locations are retirement communities we have also had meetings hosted at retail locations, seniors centers, health and recreation clubs, hospitals and hotels. Find details below.
Meetings Dates & Times for the East, Northwest, South and Southwest Chapters:
Regular chapter meetings for East, North, South and Southwest Chapters are held in Jan, Feb, April, May, July, August, Oct and Nov.
In March, June, September and December we hold one large monthly meeting referred to as a Joint Coalition or Joint Chapter meeting. Each Chapter is assigned a joint meeting for the year that they organize and host.
For 2020 the meeting times vary between chapters:
- East meets 9:00AM – 10:30AM
- North meets 9:30AM – 11:30AM
- South meets 9:30AM – 10:30AM
- Southwest meets 9:30AM – 11:30AM
- Occasionally a location host may request an earlier start or end time for a meeting.
For 2020 the four chapters have specific days of the month for meetings:
- East Chapter – 3rd Wednesday of the month
- North Chapter – 2nd Wednesday of the month
- South Chapter – 2nd Thursday of the month
- Southwest Chapter – 4th Tuesday of the month
- Note that March, June, September and December are joint coalition meetings. The day of the month for the joint meetings can vary.
- December is always a holiday gathering for members and the meeting day can vary.
At a Meeting we need from the Host:
- Refreshments for the members and this can be a full breakfast, however we are just as pleased with a simple continental breakfast.
- A meeting room to hold members with sufficient seating – Seating can be at tables or rows of chairs.
- A check-in table for members and guests to sign in. 2 of our Directors will be at the check-in table.
- 2 large tables for members to place their literature.
- A presentation area for the Speaker/Presenter
- A sound system is preferred
- In general if a speaker is doing an audio-visual presentation, they will bring their own projector equipment but would need some type of flat screen TV or flat surface to project to. The Speaker and Location Coordinator will work with you to coordinate what is needed.
- Expected Attendance can range from:
– Meetings early in the year (Jan & Feb) and in the fall (Oct & Nov) run 65 to 100
– Meetings in late spring and early summer run 40 to 60
– Meetings in mid-summer (July & August) run 35 to 50
– Joint Meetings run 75 to 100
– Bad weather can impact attendance
Joint Coalition Meetings
Joint Coalition Meetings are held three times a year in March, June, September and December. The December meeting is a holiday gathering where we announce and award the Joint Coalition Assistance Fund to the non-profit members selected.
The meeting day of the month can vary for joint meetings. Each year the four joint meetings are rotated between the four chapters. Each of the Chapter web pages list the regular and joint meetings for the year.
The December Holiday Gathering
The December meeting is typically a holiday gathering held in early December at a large retirement community, hospital or other large organization. Over the past few years, our joint holiday party was been an event focused on awarding the Joint Coalition Assistance Fund awards to those non-profit members selected.