North ChapterProviding Networking Opportunities for Professionals Serving Seniors
Upcoming North Chapter Networking Meetings
- Membership Renewals for 2018 – LEARN MORE
- Remember that the majority of our dues goes to help seniors with our Joint Coalition Assistance Fund. Learn More about JCAF – Click Here
- View Boundary Map of Chapters – CLICK HERE
- Newcomers are welcome to attend any Denver Senior Coalition meeting and then join at the 2nd meeting.
- The North Chapter meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month in January, February, April, May, July, August, October and November.
- In March, June, September and December the four Chapters come together in one large networking meeting and there is only one meeting per month in these months.
- Find other events for professionals serving seniors – CLICK HERE
- View Announcements & Press Releases – CLICK HERE
- Submit your Professional and Consumer Events – CLICK HERE
August 8, 2018, 9:30am-11:30am
NORTH Chapter Networking Meeting
Location: Applewood Place
Address: 2800 Youngfield Street, Lakewood, CO 80215
Contact: Alyssa Trujillo
Speaker: Dawn Finnigan Kinder
Topic: Alzheimer’s Overcome: Having HOPE no matter what.
About the Presentation: I will be sharing my own experiences as a granddaughter who helped care for her grandmother with Alzheimer’s for over 17 years, and who then found her calling, starting at age 17 as a CNA. I will be sharing my passion for Alzheimer’s as the primary reason for continuing my education to become an RN, and the hope in how far we have come in long-term care despite having no cure yet. Finally, I will be sharing my own inspirational story of experiencing excruciating loss with my own diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis, followed by a seizure disorder and inevitable cognitive loss, and how through it all I have experienced the greatest victory of my life.
The is the monthly networking meeting for the North Chapter of the Denver Senior Coalitions. For 2018 we will have monthly speakers and/or panel programs. If you want to recommend a speaker or a panel use the Speaker Application Form – CLICK HERE. Note that we are in your 2018 membership campaign. If you have not joined yet, bring a check and application to the meeting or join online through the website to pay by credit card. Credit cards are processed through PayPal which accepts all major credit cards – JOIN NOW.
Denver Senior Coalition Chapter membership dues are based on a calendar year and run from January through December. Dues start at $75 for a ONE Company, ONE Chapter Membership with multiple members. We also have multi-chapter memberships.
The Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) receives monies that have been paid as dues to the four Denver Senior Coalition Chapters. Our non-profit members are invited to apply for these funds through an application and vetting process.
North Meetings are generally held the 2nd Wednesday of Jan, Feb, April, May, July, Aug, Oct and Nov from 9:30 am to 11:30 am at different locations around the northern Denver metro area.
Joint Coalition Meetings are held March, June, September and December. Each of the Chapters is assigned a joint meeting to organize. Meeting dates of the Joint Coalition meetings can vary.
Note that in 2018 the Northwest Chapter was renamed the North Chapter/
Host a Meeting
Contact a Location Director if you would like to host a meeting or want to recommend a host location.
Suggest a Speaker
Contact a Speaker Director if you would like to be a speaker or want to recommend a presentation.
Submit your Events
Submit your events for publication. Professional events are posted on this website and events for consumers are posted on Seniors Resource Guide.
Submit your Events – Click Here
- View Events for Seniors in Denver – Click Here
- View Events for Seniors in Boulder-Northern Colorado – Click Here
- View Events for Seniors in Colorado Springs – Click Here