South ChapterProviding Networking Opportunities for Professionals Serving Seniors
About South Chapter Meetings
- Membership Renewals – LEARN MORE
- Remember that the majority of our dues goes to help seniors with our Joint Coalition Assistance Fund. Learn More about JCAF – Click Here
- View Boundary Map of Chapters – CLICK HERE
- Newcomers are welcome to attend any Denver Senior Coalition meeting and then join at the 2nd meeting.
- The South Chapter meets the 2nd Thursday of the month in January, February, April, May, July, August, October and November.
- The South Chapter has member networking the focus of the first month of the quarter and speakers the focus of the 2nd month of the quarter. The 3rd month of the quarter is the single Joint Chapter meeting.
- In March, June, September and December the four Chapters come together in one large joint chapter networking meeting and there is only one meeting per month in these months.
- Find other events for professionals serving seniors – CLICK HERE
- View Announcements & Press Releases – CLICK HERE
- Submit your Professional and Consumer Events – CLICK HERE
October 10, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
Denver Senior Coalition South Chapter Networking Meeting
Location: Legacy Village in Castle Pines – Website
Address: 535 W Castle Pines Pkwy, Castle Pines, CO 80108
Property Contact: Michelle Newitt – 303-663-9800
This is the monthly networking meeting for the SOUTH Chapter of the Denver Senior Coalitions. Newcomers are welcome to attend one meeting and after attending one meeting, please join. Remember to bring your literature and business cards to share along with any event flyers for upcoming events. You can also submit events for posting on this website. Have questions about joining or applying to be a speaker? Contact a Chapter Officer. We will be drawing for the November SOUTH Chapter Member Spotlight. Two members are drawn from this meeting and then in November they return and and each give a short presentation on an educational topic related to their industry.
October’s Speaker: Julie Ehlers, CGRS – Founder, The Grief and Wellness Center of Denver
Topic: Grief Recovery – What is grief and why do most people experience this in solitude?
The answers to these questions are simple and yet complex for each unique situation. Culturally, our society does not teach us how to grieve or that grief is something we will all experience. And therefore, when loss of any kind happens, we under prepared. And even if we think we are prepared, we are thrown into a whirlwind of unexpected emotions; nothing that has ever been experienced before. In this presentation, you will learn about the myths of grief, what are soothing responses to those that grieve, especially seniors, and how we can all be resources to those that are grieving.
More about the Speaker: Julie Ehlers is a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist and Founder of The Grief and Wellness Center of Denver. Her education is in Social Work and she has spent years providing grief workshops, individual sessions and end of life duala services to clients. Julie also spends time working with families through relationship issues typically surrounding loss.
Upcoming South Meetings:
January 10, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
February 14, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
March 14, 2019 – Thursday – Joint Meeting Organized by South Chapter
April 11, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
May 9, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
June 25, 2019 – Tuesday – Joint Meeting Organized by Southwest Chapter
July 11, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
August 8, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
September 13, 2019 – Friday – Joint Meeting Organized by North Chapter
October 10, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
November 14, 2019 – Thursday, 9:30AM – 11:00AM
December TBD, 2019 – Joint Holiday Party Organized by East Chapter
About The South Chapter
The South Chapter Meetings are generally held the 2nd Thursday of Jan, Feb, April, May, July, Aug, Oct and Nov from 9:30 am to 11:00 am at different locations around the south Denver metro area including the the Castle Rock area.
Joint Coalition Meetings are held March, June, September and December. Each of the Chapters is assigned a joint meeting to organize. Meeting dates and days of the Joint Coalition meetings can vary.
Host a Meeting
Contact a Location Director if you would like to host a meeting or want to recommend a host location.
Suggest a Speaker
Contact a Speaker Director if you would like to be a speaker or want to recommend a presentation.
South Chapter Officers
Submit your Events
Submit your events for publication. Professional events are posted on this website and events for consumers are posted on Seniors Resource Guide.
Submit your Events – Click Here