About Denver Senior CoalitionsThe Chapters are - East, Northwest, South & Southwest
More about the Denver Senior Coalition Chapters
The four Denver Senior Coalition Chapters are networking organizations with members ranging from senior housing, home health industry, health and medical services, referral agencies, professional services such as legal and financial and other community based service organizations. Members include both individuals and companies and for-profit, non-profit and government agencies.
The four chapters of the Denver Senior Coalitions are:
- EAST Chapter – CLICK HERE
Formerly known as East Coalition for Senior Services
- NORTH Chapter – CLICK HERE
Formerly known as Northwest Denver Council for Seniors
- SOUTHWEST Chapter – CLICK HERE
Formerly known as Southwest Coalition on Aging
- SOUTH Chapter – CLICK HERE
The South Chapter is our newest chapter and was formed in 2017
Each Chapter holds separate monthly meetings except the last month of every quarter is a Joint Meeting where all chapters come together in one large meeting.
Our membership dues are based on a calendar year and run from January through December. Dues start at $75 for a “One Person Membership, One Company, ONE Chapter for a year.” We also have multi-member and multi-coalition memberships. The majority of the funds we raise through membership go to our Joint Coalition Assistance Fund.
For 2018 we have 3 levels of Membership
$75 One Company, ONE Chapter
$150 One Company, TWO Chapters
$225 One Company, join THREE Chapters and FOUR Chapter is included
Meeting Dates & Time:
Regular Chapter meetings for North, East, Southwest and South Chapters are held in the morning in Jan, Feb, April, May, July, August, Oct and Nov. Occasionally a location host may request an earlier start or end time for a meeting.
- East Chapter meets – 3rd Wednesday of the month
- North Chapter meets – 2nd Wednesday of the month
- South Chapter meets – 2nd Thursday of the month
- Southwest Chapter meets – 4th Tuesday of the month
- Note that March, June, September and December are joint coalition meetings. The day of the month for the joint meetings can vary.
For 2018 there is some variation in the meeting time. In general North, South and Southwest Chapters meet from 9:30AM to 11:30AM. For 2018 East is meeting from 9:00AM to 10:30AM. Note that even these hours can vary depending on our location host and the presentation.
Locations of Meetings
Our meetings are held all over the great Denver metro area, however we have divided the city into East, Northwest, South and Southwest Regions that match the four chapters: East, Northwest, South and Southwest. When you join – you can join 1, 2 or 4 Chapters. You can choose to join the chapter or chapters that match the geographic region that you market to.
View map that shows approximate boundaries of the East, North, South and Southwest Chapters
– CLICK HERE
The general description of the boundaries of the Chapters:
- East Chapter – Meetings are in locations east of I-25 and south of I-70 and north of Douglas County. East can hold meetings in downtown Denver.
- North Chapter – Meetings are in locations south of E-470 and the Northwest Parkway and north of W Colfax Ave. in Jefferson County and North of I-70 in the northeast quadrant. Meetings may occasionally go as far north as Brighton, Louisville, and Lafayette but this is the exception as the meetings should usually be south of E-470 and the Northwest Parkway.
- South Chapter – Meetings are south of C-470 including Highlands Ranch, Parker, and Castle Rock. Meetings are in Douglas County including cities of Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and Parker.
- Southwest Chapter – Meetings are in locations west of I-25, north of Douglas County and south of W Colfax Ave.
Joint Coalition Meetings
Joint Coalition Meetings are held three times a year in March, June and September. Each year the Chapters rotate and host a different joint meeting. December is always a holiday gathering and it also rotates between Chapters. The meeting day of the month can vary for joint meetings, along with the time of the joint meeting. Here is the list of meetings for 2018 through 2021.
- East Chapter organizes March 2018
- South Chapter organizes June 2018
- Southwest Chapter organizes September 2018
- North Chapter organizes December Holiday 2018 Gathering
- South Chapter organizes March 2019
- Southwest Chapter organizes June 2019
- North Chapter organizes September 2019
- East Chapter organizes December Holiday 2019 Gathering
- Southwest Chapter organizes March 2020
- North Chapter organizes June 2020
- East Chapter organizes Sept 2020
- South Chapter organizes December Holiday 2020 Gathering
- North Chapter organizes March 2021
- East Chapter organizes June 2021
- South Chapter organizes Sept 2021
- Southwest Chapter organizes December Holiday 2021 Gathering
The December Holiday Gathering
The December meeting is typically a holiday gathering held in early December at a large retirement community, hospital or other large organization. The Chapters usually organize some type of drive for gifts or donations for low income seniors. One year it was a drive to collect wrapping paper and bows, while another year it was for $15 to $25 value gift cards from grocery stores or Walmart. These items are then given to non-profits that serve low income seniors. Often the non-profit recipients are coalition members. The decision on the recipients is made by the Presidents of the Chapters.
In 2018, the Chapters decided to hold the holiday party on Colorado Gives Day and it was a morning event. At the event, the Denver Senior Coalitions gave away the JCAF funds to non-profit members of the Denver Senior Coalitions who had applied for the funds.
Speakers & Presentations at Meetings
Senior service organizations, senior support companies, business professionals and other related groups are welcome to contact the Presentation Directors of each coalition and request to be a speaker. Note that panel discussions and other types of presentations are considered for the meetings.
Learn More – Click Here
Host a Meeting
Senior Housing locations and other businesses with meeting rooms are welcome to contact the Location Directors of each coalition and offer to host a meeting. Typically the location host provides refreshments. Note that a group of professionals are welcome to apply to host a meeting at a location of their choice and provide the breakfast.
Learn More – Click Here
The Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF)
The Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) receives monies that have been paid as dues to the four Denver Senior Coalitions Chapters. Each of the 4 coalitions has an elected Officer called a “Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) Committee Rep” – LEARN MORE
Access to the Membership List
As a member you are given a password which gives you access to the membership list of the Chapter you joined. If you joined all four Chapters, then you have access to all four membership lists. Each membership list has a unique password. Names are not to be added to ongoing email blast lists. The list can be used for one time invitations to senior professional events.
Denver Senior Coalition Executive Board
The Denver Senior Coalitions has an Executive Board that is made up of the Presidents and Vice Presidents of the individual chapters along with any coalition members who wishes to volunteer their time and attend the executive board meetings.
Denver Senior Coalition 2018 Executive Board as of January 2018
Coalition Presidents that are Members of the Executive Board
- Executive Board President
Bill Hohs – 303-747-6295
Carespire, LLC – Veteran Aid & Attendance Consultant
- President East Chapter
Stuart Shwartz – 303-888-4575
Next Step for Seniors
- President Northwest Chapter
Kevin Biln – 720-789-7350
Talem Home Care & Placement Services
- President South Chapter
Greg Rodolph – 303-953-9924
Synergy Home Care of Colorado
Coalition Vice Presidents that are Members of the Executive Board
- Southwest Chapter Vice President & VP of Membership
Patty McIlvaine – 720-383-8083
Aspen Hills Assisted Living and Memory Care
- East Vice President & VP of Speakers
- Vice President & VP of Locations
- Vice President South Chapter
Coalition Members that are Executive Board Members at Large
- There are openings for members at large
Submit your Events
Posting of events and other updates occur during the month. Karin Hall of Seniors Resource Guide sends eNewsletters and reminders about events for the three Denver Senior Coalitions. This email comes from Constant Contact and Karin@SeniorsResourceGuide.com. Add her email to our address book so your email goes through. Have questions? Call Karin Hall at 303-794-0799.
Submit your Event through SeniorsResourceGuide.com – CLICK HERE
Contact Karin Hall – via email
Ask a question of an East Director
Ask a question of a North Director
Ask a question of a South Director
Ask a question of a Southwest Director