JCAFThe Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF)
The 2018 Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF)
The Denver Senior Coalitions’ Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) receives monies that have been paid as dues to the four Denver Senior Coalition Chapters. Our non-profit members are invited to apply for these funds through an application and vetting process.
The 2018 Joint Coalition Assistance Fund Application process will be starting soon. Our JCAF Directors will contact the non-profits in their chapter and make them aware of this opportunity and share the application. Here are some general guidelines:
- The Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) Committee is responsible for the intake, interviews and reviewing all JCAF Applications. Please phone or email any JCAF committee member with questions.
- All requests for JCAF monetary awards for the current year have to be received by no later than October 1, 2018.
- The Denver Senior Coalition Executive Board will review all of the JCAF applications collected by the JCAF committee members and will make the final decisions on the JCAF monetary award(s). The Executive Board will meet on the second Tuesday in October to make this decision. All requests have to be received by a JCAF committee member, no later than October 1, 2018 to be considered for the 2018 Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF). JCAF Awardees will be notified no later than October 20, 2018.
- The maximum amount to be given for assistance to any one non-profit organization will be determined by the Denver Senior Coalition Executive Board. The Board will try and maximize JCAF monetary awards by making the actual JCAF donation on Colorado Gives Day. It is the sole responsibility of the non-profit organization to set up their account with Colorado Gives Day.
- You do NOT have to participate in Colorado Gives Day to apply for the JCAF monetary award.
- The JCAF application must be completed by the non-profit organization that is applying for JCAF award. We require two contact names and information about the organization for each JCAF application.
If you have questions about the JCAF application guidelines and process, contact the JCAF COMMITTEE MEMBER of the Denver Senior Coalition you are a member of:
- NORTH – Marsha Harris – 303-770-2987 – email Marsha
- EAST – Linda Alexander – 303-475-3078 – email Linda
- SOUTH – Jonathan Wells – 720-287-1685 – email Jonathan
- SOUTHWEST – Position Open
A Report on the 2017 JCAF Funds Distribution
Dear Denver Senior Coalition Members,
Below are the responses and summaries from all 8-member companies that received JCAF funds in December 2017. Their summaries share with us where they distributed their funds. I want to personally thank all the 2017 board members who made the decision to switch to the new JCAF distribution format, for a job well done. I pulled some numbers to share so you can compare:
The JCAF contributed to the following number of seniors in the three years prior to 2017:
- In 2016 – the JCAF helped 93 seniors; in 2015 – 78 seniors and in 2014 – 95 seniors; for the three-year period prior to 2017, we provided assistance to a total of 266 seniors for an average of 89 seniors a year.
- In 2017, with the new approach to our JCAF funds, our nonprofit members assisted at least 652 seniors.
This is just simply amazing! And an additional thank you to all the Denver Senior Coalition members, without their support for this organization this outreach would not be possible.
Regards, Bill Hohs – DSC Executive Board Chairperson
Learn more about our 2017 JCAF Awardees:
- A3 – Empowering People with Vision Loss – CLICK HERE
- Audio Information Network of Colorado – CLICK HERE
- Colorado Gerontological Society – CLICK HERE
- HealthSET – CLICK HERE
- Kavod Senior Life – CLICK HERE
- Montview Manor – CLICK HERE
- Neighbor Network – CLICK HERE
- The Center – Sage of the Rockies – CLICK HERE
Joint Coalition Assistance Fund (JCAF) Committee
Company: Alexander Properties